Building Commissioning is the professional practice that ensures buildings are delivered according to the Owner's Project Requirements (OPR). It is a quality-oriented process for achieving, verifying, and documenting that the performance of facilities, systems, and assemblies meets defined objectives and criteria.
It is an all-inclusive process for controlling planning, delivery, and verification of installations. Essentially, the commissioning process formalizes review and integration of all project expectations during planning, design, construction, and occupancy phases through inspection, measurements, and functional performance testing, while at the same time delivers preventive maintenance plans, tailored operating manuals and training procedures for all users.
Commissioning goals include:
- Define and document Cx requirements clearly at the outset of each phase and update throughout the process
- Verify and document compliance at each completion level
- Establish and document commissioning process tasks for subsequent phase delivery team members
- Deliver buildings and construction projects that meet the owner’s needs at completion
- Verify that operation and maintenance personnel and occupants are properly trained
- Maintain facility performance across its life cycle
Buildings that are properly commissioned typically have fewer change orders, tend to be more energy efficient, and have lower operation and maintenance cost. The documentation of the commissioning process provides the foundation for correctly benchmarking the baseline energy consumption of the facility. But it is not only this. Commissioning has tremendous benefits to your project, not the least of which are a more streamlined process, improved quality – and a significantly better end result.
Our Commissioning Services include:
- Technical commissioning
- Commissioning management – Process commissioning
- Commissioning for LEED
- Health care and pharmaceuticals commissioning
- Data Center commissioning
- Envelope commissioning